Friday 15 August 2008

Quiet Update

I've started to see the beginnings of my program coming together, although my code is becoming more complicated and I am getting to the point where I seriously need to write some comments for my code. Also my main class that deals with setting up everything else and getting everything running is a big mess - this is mainly because every change I make usually ends up changing the main classes code and now I have countless commented out code chunks.

Coding wise I've got to the point where I can open my program into full screen or windowed mode and change the resolution, colour depth and refresh rate by using command line arguments or by editing a text file. I've started to put in the code to move through phases of the game, meaning I will be able to have more than one screen. I'm going to try and add an option menu next that will allow me to change all the screen information inside the game. I also need to add a method or modify an existing method to update my text file so my game options have persistence.

No comments: